Karnataka is a state in southwest India with Arabian Sea coastlines. The capital, Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore), is a high-tech hub known for its shopping and nightlife. To the southwest, Mysore is home to lavish temples including Mysore Palace, the former seat of the regions maharajas. Hampi, once the medieval Vijayanagara empires capital, contains ruins of Hindu temples, elephant stables, and a stone chariot. Dandeli is a town in the western Indian state of Karnataka. The Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, with its trails and dense forests, is home to animals including black panthers, monkeys, and elephants, as well as many bird species. A temple stands at the entrance to the limestone Kavala Caves, known for its stalagmite formations. West of the caves, Anshi National Park encompasses the Kali Tiger Reserve.
Best Places to Visit in Dandeli, Karnataka
- River Kali
- Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary
- Shiroli Peak
- Dandelappa Temple
- Molangi Falls
- Disney Park
- Kodasalli Backwaters
- Sri Mallikarjuna Temple
- Shivaji Fort
- Sykes Point
- Kavala Caves
- Sathodi Falls
- Syntheri Rocks
- Anshi National Park
- Magod Falls
- Kavadi Kere
- Mini Tibet
- Supa Dam
- Kulgi Nature Camp
- Ulavi Temple
- Moulangi Eco Park
- Dandakaranya Park
- Jenukallu Gudda Sunset Point
- Sri Tulaja Bhavani Temple
- Dandeli Gautam and Gautam Group Adventure Activities
- Ganesh Temple
- Dandeli River Rafting Tours
Dandeli Tour Packages With Night Stay
Package G N G RRD 1. Only River Rafting (R.R.) of 1 Km
Package G N G RRD 2. Only River Rafting (R.R.) of 6.5 Km
Package G N G RRD 3. Only River Rafting (R.R.) of 9.5 Km
Package G N G RRD 4. Camping in Dandeli with bonfire + River Rafting of 1 Km + Boating + Jacuzzi Bath + Nature Walk in Jungle
Package G N G RRD 5. Resort in Jungle in Dandeli + River Rafting of 6.5 Km + Boating + Jacuzzi Bath + Nature Walk in Jungle + Kayaking
Package G N G RRD 6. Pick Up and Drop From Bangalore to Dandeli and Dandeli to Bangalore Volvo Bus + 2 Night Travel via Volvo Bus + 1 Night 2 Days Stay in Camp in Dandeli + Ap Plan (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening Snacks + Dinner) + River Rafting of 6.5 Km + Boating + Jacuzzi Bath + Nature Walk in Jungle + Kayaking
Package G N G RRD 7. 1 Night 2 days Stay in Goa + 1 Night 2 Days Stay in Dandeli Resort + Ap Plan (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening Snacks + Dinner) + River Rafting of 6.5 Km + Boating + Jacuzzi Bath + Nature Walk in Jungle + Kayaking
Package G N G RRD 8. 1 Night 2 days Stay in Goa + 1 Night 2 Days Stay in Dandeli Resort + 1 Night 2 Days Stay in Gokarna + Ap Plan (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening Snacks + Dinner) + River Rafting of 6.5 Km + Boating + Jacuzzi Bath + Nature Walk in Jungle + Kayaking
Package G N G RRD 9. Pick Up and Drop From Bangalore + 1 Night 2 days Stay in Goa + 1 Night 2 Days Stay in Dandeli Resort + 1 Night 2 Days Stay in Gokarna + Ap Plan (Breakfast + Lunch + Evening Snacks + Dinner) + River Rafting of 6.5 Km + Boating + Jacuzzi Bath + Nature Walk in Jungle + Kayaking
How to Reach Dandeli
Instead of Dandeli, you can get a flight to Hubli Airport on regular basis.
Dandeli 56 km away from Hubli Airport (HBX), Hubli, Karnataka
Dandeli 66 km away Sambre Airport (IXG), Belgaum, Karnataka
Dandeli is 133 km away from Goa International Airport.
There are no regular trains from other major cities to Dandeli. The nearest train station is Alnavar Junction.
Dandeli is 23 km away from Alnavar Junction (LWR), Alnavar, Karnataka
Dandeli is 24 km away from Londa Junction (LD), Londa, Karnataka
Dandeli is well connected to Bengaluru, Mumbai, Goa, Belgaum, Karwar, Dharwad, and Hubli by road. State-owned bus services connect Dandeli with Alnavar (35 km), Dharwad (55 km), Hubli (72 km), and Belgaum (90 km). Buses are also a convenient mode of transport. Private operators (SRS/VRL) ply daily between the two destinations. Dandeli is around 477km from Bangalore and it takes about 9hrs to reach. The route taken is AH 47/NH 4 via Bangalore, Haveri, Davanagere, Chitradurga, Hiriyur, Tumkur, and Dandeli.
When to Visit Dandeli
October to January: Dandeli is at its best during this period. Forest is lush green after the monsoon season.
February to May: Forest starts getting dry. Trees start shedding leaves. You may visit if you like to spend your me-time near River and may swim in the River as Well
June to September: This is the monsoon season at Dandeli and Best for Photographers who want to click amazing pictures. You may visit if you want to Enjoy Monsoon and Greenery
Cities Which are Near to Dandeli
More Updated Information About Dandeli Packages is Available on the Following Link
How to Book Dandeli Tour Packages And Adventure Activities
To Know More About it, Call Us For booking on +91-9600017031, +91-8894404523, +91-8894917116 Or +91- 7060507245, +91-5832-267070. You Can Also Send Us Whatsapp Message on Whatsapp No. +91-9600017031 to Know more about your Question. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or You may visit our website of Gautam and Gautam Group i.e. www.gautamandgautamgroup.org for more detail.
For More Updated Information, You may Visit the Following Link on Our Website
Our Another Team is also Available in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Visit Following Link
Frequently Asked Questions of Dandeli, Karnataka
Frequently Asked Questions About Dandeli
Que – Which are the best places to visit in Dandeli?
Ans – Dandeli being situated in the lap of nature, you would come across a lot of serene places to visit. We have created a list for you of the best tourist spots in Dandeli:
1. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary (A wonderful getaway to enjoy some time in the company of lush green forests and wild animals)
2. River Kali (The river has its origins in the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka and offers a memorable escape for adventure lovers)
3. Kaval Caves (Believed to be as old as prehistoric times and made of volcanic origins, these caves can be found in the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary)
4. Syntheri Rocks (These boast of spectacular natural beauty that is made up of volcanic rocks with the River Kaneri passing by its side)
5. Shiroli Peak (It is a great place to capture one of the most amazing views of the sunset of your life)
6. Anshi National Park (it is the only place in the whole of Asia where you can spot the black panther)
Que – Which are the best adventure activities to do in Dandeli?
Ans – Dandeli being the Hubspot of adventure activities will never disappoint you. Here is a list of the top things to do in Dandeli you can do:
1. White Water Rafting
2. Kayaking in Dandeli
3. Rock Climbing in Dandeli
4. Ziplining in Dandeli
5. Rappeling in Dandeli
Que – What is the basic Travel Advice to first-time travelers to Dandeli?
– Don’t forget to pack sunscreen and sunglasses for protecting your skin and eyes.
– To spot the birds around Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, carry binoculars with you.
– Wear comfortable walking shoes. Also, keep checking your shoes every time before wearing them to avoid scorpions and other creatures.
– Carry mosquito and insect repellent creams with you to avoid allergies and insect bites.
– Wear comfortable clothes and muted forest colors like earthy green or beiges.
– Look out for network connectivity as it can get patchy and provide no service at all.
– Explore the place within the limits explained by the authorities.
Que – What you will like there?
1. Simple lifestyle: Dandeli is a small town with a fewer population with village-style living. This close to the nature lifestyle will amaze you as you won’t find it in busy cities.
2. Locals: In Dandeli, you will find people from all over the country. They are well educated and offer good hospitality. They are simple and down to earth people.
3. Local cuisine: If you love the aroma of south Indian cuisine, you will love the food in Dandeli. Dont forget to pay a visit to the local restaurants. In every dish, you will find a hint of coconut and a strong appetizing flavor of curry leaves.
4. Wildlife: The varied wildlife in the Dandeli National Park will blow your mind. Tigers, birds, crocs, barking deer, pangolin, snakes, sloth bear, Dandeli has it all.
5. Adventure: You will get a high adrenaline rush in Dandeli as the adventures there are breath-taking. The main adventure activities to do in Dandeli are trekking, kayaking, coracle riding, zorbing, mountain biking, and many more.
Que – Our recommendations-Things you can’t afford to miss?
1. White water rafting: River rafting in Kali River is a must-try in Dandeli. The rafting will start from Ganeshgudi and will end up in Maulangi. You can go rafting from 9 in the morning and continue for 3 hours at a stretch. The charges for rafting vary at times, though it is round Rs. 1500 for a person.
2. Kayaking: Another adventure-filled water sport is kayaking in the white waters of river Kali. You will be given a canoe and you are good to go. Don’t miss the chance to visit small islands while kayaking. Isn’t that thrilling?
3. Trekking: You will fall in love with the forests of Dandeli if you are a trekker. The Dandeli Forest offers a fantastic and thrilling trekking experience. You will witness amazing flora and fauna throughout the walk. The charge for trekking is Rs.250 per person.
4. Jacuzzi Bath: Never heard of it? This is a natural and therapeutic bath you must enjoy in River Kali. Relax your mind in the pure waters of the river and enjoy your tour to the fullest.
5. Riding a Coracle: Another adventure in Dandeli is riding a coracle. A coracle is a saucer-shaped ride used for river navigation. Get into one with your family and enjoy the ride, watching the thick wild vegetation on the banks of the river. You will notice various birds and animals too.
6. Zipline: If you are addicted to speed, you must try your hands on a zip line. You will be hung to a rope tied to two mountain peaks apart in an inclined position and you will glide down towards the lower one.
7. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Uttar Kannada district of Karnataka, this national park was made a part of the AnshiDandeli Tiger Reserve. You cant miss the Open jeep safari in this national park. This place is famous for bird-watching. You will encounter a variety of hornbills. Dont forget your binoculars. Another animal you can’t afford to miss seeing is a crocodile.
8. Zorbing Ball: Not many places in India offer you this amazing adventure watersport of zorbing. Luckily, the river kali does. You will be put inside a lightweight, huge transparent ball and you have to walk inside the ball on water. This sport requires good physical fitness.
9. Kulgi Camp: Situated inside the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, the Kulgi Nature Camp is amidst pristine lush greens. There are 12 tents named after birds as this place is ideal for bird watching.
10. Kavala Caves: Situated inside the thick forest, these limestone caves are amazing to see. You will get to see a “Shivling” inside the cave. Locals worship this during the Shivratri. You can reach the caves after a flight of around 380 stairs. You need to crawl down to enter these caves.
11. Shiroli Mountain Peak: This beautiful peak is located inside the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. It is one of the highest peaks in Karnataka. The views from the peak are breath-taking which includes the lofty Sahyadri Range. If you love trekking, this place is your paradise. This peak is also known as the sunset viewpoint. You need to seek permission from the concerned authorities before trekking.
Que – Where is Dandeli located? How far is Dandeli from Bangalore?
Ans – Dandeli is a natural habitat for wildlife, including tigers, leopards, black panthers, elephants, gaur, deer, antelopes, and bears. It is the second-largest wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka and was designated as a tiger reserve in 2007. Bangalore to Dandeli distance is 460 km. One can reach Dandeli from by the following mentioned transport options:
1. By Road: If you prefer taking the road to reach Dandeli from Bangalore, you can either take your car or take a bus for the same. A lot of buses operate on this route at various price ranges making it very convenient for travelers.
2. By Train: Dandeli does not have a train station, and the nearest railway stations are Alnavar(32 km), Londa (48 km), and Dharwad (57km) away from Dandeli. From there you can catch a cab to the prime adventure spots.
3. By Flight: Dandeli does not have an airport, the closest airport being Hubli which is 75 km away. You can catch a cab or a local bus from there to reach Dandeli.
Que – How far is Dandeli from Goa? Can we visit Goa after visiting Dandeli?
Ans – The distance between Goa to Dandeli is approximately 115 km by road. Dandeli is situated in UttarKannada district in the Western Ghats region. The fastest and convenient way to reach Dandeli from Goa is to hail a taxi.
You can easily visit Goa after exploring Dandeli. After exploring the niceties of Dandeli, visitors usually extend their trip to Goa. Also, the availability of transportation is more convenient and easier at Goa.
Que – What is the best time to visit Dandeli for a vacation?
Ans – October to March is the best time to visit Dandeli as the weather is perfect to enjoy trekking and various other activities as well.
Que – What all should I carry while visiting Dandeli for a vacation?
– Dont forget to carry water and a hat as it can get sunny.
– Keep mosquito repellent and sunscreen lotions with you to protect your skin.
– For walking across the hikes around Dandeli, have some comfy sneakers, or sturdy boots at the ready.
– Going to water sports? Dont forget to pack your beachwear and swimsuits.
– Tourists are usually prone to sunburn and sunstrokes. To avoid these risks, apply high SPF sunscreen.
– Bring the first-aid kit while vacationing at Dandeli to treat basic injuries on your own.
– For maintaining basic hygiene, keep hand sanitizers, and necessary toiletries.
Que – Is Dandeli a good weekend getaway option from Bangalore?
Ans – Situated 461.4 km away from Bangalore, Dandeli is the most preferred destination for weekend getaways. Explore Kavala caves and Shiroli peak, or look out for rare flora and fauna at Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. Dandeli is a full package of wildlife, watersports, hiking, and much more. This place ensures a peaceful break from the daily hassles of Bangalore.
Que – What is the ideal duration for a holiday in Dandeli?
Ans – The ideal duration for a weekend in Dandeli is 3-4 days.
Que – What sort of tents will be provided while camping in Dandeli?
1. Dome tent Dome tent is perfect for camping with families. They are available in various sizes and is quite easy to set up.
2. Geodesic tents One of the strongest tents, geodesic domes are perfect in extreme weather conditions. While trekking up to windy terrain, you can choose this.
3. Instant or quick-pitch tents Throw the whole tent into the air and the tent turns itself into a shelter. It is quite spacy and perfect for families.
4. Inflatable tents Inflatable tents are expensive and a little heavy. You can easily set up this by just pressing the compressor.
5. Tunnel tents Yet another tent for groups and families, tunnel tents are sturdy and rigid. It provides a separate space and is quite convenient.
Que – How far is Dudhsagar waterfalls from Dandeli? Can we visit Dudhsagar falls and come back to Dandeli the same day?
Ans – Dudhsagar Falls which is on the Goa-Karnataka border. You can take a train to Dudhsagar from Dandeli or even go by road which is about 15-20 kms away and half an hour train ride. One can go back to Dandeli the same day by taking the evening train.
Que – Can we go for wildlife safari in Dandeli? What is the name of national parks?
Ans – There are only two national parks where you can go for a wildlife safari in Dandeli.
1. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary
2. Anshi National Park
Que – What is the best time for tiger sighting in Anshi National Park?
Ans – The best time to visit Anshi National Park for tiger sighting is in summers, i.e., from April to June. Due to the hot and dry weather of the surroundings, other animals and tigers can be easily spotted near water bodies. During the day-time, tigers can be found under a shady place to escape the baking rays of the sun.
Que – What type of flora and fauna is found in Anshi National Park?
Ans – Anshi National Park is rich in flora and fauna. Trees and plants that can be found here are:
5. Silver Oak
7. Xylia xylocarp
Reptiles like the following are also present:
1. King Cobra
4. Rat snake
Anshi National Park is home to more than 200 species of birds like:
1. Adjutant Stork
2. Ashy Black-crested Crested Serpent Eagle
3. Great Hornbill
4. Golden-backed Woodpecker
5. Bulbul, Blue-headed Pitta
For More Updated Information Of Dandeli, You may Visit the Following Link
Our Another Team is also Available in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Visit Following Link
We also Undertake Bookings of Other Places in Karnataka. You May Visit Following Links
If You Liked Our Blog of “River Rafting in Dandeli in August”, You may read our Next Blog On the Following Link
To Book Your Tour of Dandeli in Karnataka. You can Visit the Following Link.
Contact us to book your Tour of Dandeli, Karnataka
Want to book a tour? Call Us For booking on +91-9600017031, +91-8894917116, +91-7060507245, +91-8894404523, +91-8894915059,+91-5832-267070. In case if Phone no’s are continuously engaged, You are requested to fill contact us form on our website and our executives will get back to you as soon as possible. You may also leave us a Whatsapp message on our +91-9600017031 WhatsApp Number to receive packages. If you don’t use Whatsapp, You may send us an email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the detail of packages with price.
Note: Please Note that We Only Accept Advance Bookings so that we can meet Your expectations level and can make your experience memorable.
If We are not Able to Cover All the information. Please do let us know in the comments section what else we can add in this article which is related to “River Rafting in Dandeli in August”